Wednesday 18 April 2012


I don't remember the first cake I ever baked, assisted or otherwise. As far back as I can recall, I have had the knowledge of how to make a simple sponge cake ingrained in my understanding. I need neither a recipe nor scales (though scales do admittedly help) and I can whip up a cake in half an hour or so.
Since I realised this I have begun experimenting. These are strawberry cupcakes I made for valentines day. They are my own recipe and my own recipe for white chocolate frosting too. They were gross! The frosting was great but I should definitely keep it for sharp flavors like raspberry cake.
I bake all sorts of things but I still always refer back to that one first recipe that my mum taught me. I think recipes shared so directly and personally are always the ones you remember the best and use again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment