Wednesday 18 April 2012

Been looking at a range of recipes lately, from the detailed and complex to the very very simple.
I've been wanting to make stuffed peppers for ages just because they look so awesome, I hunted around and found all sorts of options but none of them looked like what I wanted.
I knew I didn't want to use meat, I wanted a lighter meal and meat was an indulgence I couldn't really afford anyway.
I was walking around Tesco and saw that Halloumi was on offer and so I made the most of it and bought some.
Returning to the internet, now armed with fancy cheese, I found a recipe that definitely ranks in my all time favorites.
Cut the tops off the peppers and empty the seeds out.
Little bit of oil and roast them for 20 mins.
Make up some simple couscous, mix in chunks of halloumi and some fried mushrooms, fill up the peppers and roast for 20 more minutes.
This recipe wouldn't be great for a first time cooker but I quite liked its short simplicity.
Only thing was, as always, I made way way way too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment